Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Recent Updates

Hello all,
I've finally replied to all emails.... I'm sorry I've been behind. I started working at the Radisson Hotel for my practicum and I'm working 20 hours a week. So my energy level is much less. Last night I slept 14 hours. Haha. I love working there. I'm meeting more Lithuanians and learning a lot about placing silverware and the service industry.

ONLY 29 days left!! Woo, I'm ready to come home. I miss American food and a whole bunch of stuff. The other day Clayton and I spent an hour listing all thing were excited for. For example, drive thrus, cars, cell phones lol. We've seen some amazing things but I'm tired and ready for American conveniences.

Last weekend we went to Riga, Latvia and Tallinn, Estonia. That was a fun experience, very relaxed and we had mostly free time to explore the city and see what we wanted. We went to the Occupation museum where we learned about the Stalin/Hitler Pact that divided this area. Very interesting and sad. They had a replica of the Siberian concentration camps and it was so small and 60 people stayed in one bunker. Unbelievable. So many people focus on the horrors of the Holocaust, but forget what happened in the area that I'm living in right now. Tallinn was really cool with 16th century cobblestones as streets and lots of architecture from that era. Riga is a fun city with tons of nightlife. We had a good time there. Also it was nice to see the other study abroads, some of which I haven't seen since Russia.

I want to thank you all for your words of encouragement and emails again. It's been great motivator and a blessing for my spirit.
Keep in touch and much love

Pictures from Riga/Tallinn
http://picasaweb.google.com/hannahsink/RigaTallinnTrip

No comments: